How to Use Jewelry to Bring Out Your Natural Beauty at 50, 60, 70 and Beyond
(3 min. read)
Ladies of a certain age have had amazing life experiences that younger people can only dream of.
But, we all reach a certain point when we can no longer just throw on a piece of jewelry and call it a day.
Women shouldn’t have to be cornered into thinking they need big, gaudy, expensive name brand jewelry just to make a statement.
Instead, your jewelry should compliment the great qualities that are already working for you and draw people’s attention to them regardless of the brand.
Jewelry has the ability to highlight your personality and best features, but can have the exact opposite effect if left as an afterthought.
When thinking about what jewelry to wear, you should be able to pare down to a few choice pieces that allow you to look stunning for any occasion.
Remember, using jewelry to compliment your looks and style while keeping your jewelry elegant, colorful, yet simplified, is the idea.
(To see the 5 tips, keep reading below) ⬇️
Here are a few tips to help you find your perfect piece.
1. Use colors that compliment your hair and skin undertones
- Finding the right balance of colors for your skin tone allows you to have a unified look that won’t clash. Generally speaking, for cooler skin tones, think blues, purples, aqua and greens. For warmer tones, focus on earthy tones such as oranges, yellows, etc. Also hair color can be a big factor. We find the greens go best with brunettes and blue looks great on blondes.
2. Simplify rather than “complexify”
- Avoid the visual jewelry overload. When people see you, try wearing a couple choice pieces instead of making too bold of a statement with large or over complicated pieces. This may result in putting people off. Btw - great taste while keeping a clean and simple look, will convey elegance.
3. Consider pendant necklaces
- Wearing pedants, with a longer chain, can give an elongated appearance and actually make you look taller compared to the look of wearing something too close to your neck.
4. Drops vs Stud Earrings
- The decision between whether to wear drop earrings or studs is actually pretty easy. Drop earrings generally go better for women that have longer hair or don't mind attention around your neck. Studs fit nicely for women with shorter hair or if you’re wearing your hair up. But these are not hard and fast rules. Try out both and go with your gut, we've seen both work great across the board.
5. Mix and match
- Try out different color and jewelry combinations to find the right one for your looks and personality. You'll probably find great results with a little experimentation, and you’ll be able to figure out what style, colors, and combination work best for you.
And by the way, our returning customers have been growing like crazy over the past year...
and here's what they say...⬇️
“These earrings sparkle all the time. I get so many compliments from everyone on the brilliant colors seen when the lights shine on them. I love wearing them because they go with all my clothes.”
Carol K, California
"I am a repeat customer. Absolutely love the product and the customer service. I also appreciate the quick shipping. I will now be buying another pair as a gift."
Danielle, New York
- "LeightWorks jewelry is unique, meaning you can't find it anywhere else on the planet."
- "Each piece I own reflects light and colors that creates a glow that I love. I'm always getting compliments on them."
From the very beginning, when I uncovered the techniques used to create each piece, I knew what I discovered was something truly special for my customers.
Each piece is specifically designed to reflect the light and colors around you to create a subtle, attractive glow our customers love.
From the start, design and appearance for each line is taken into careful consideration for how women compliment their attire with jewelry.
LeightWorks jewelry matches very well across your entire wardrobe, so it's easy to complete your look when going out for the day, or looking for touches of elegance over dinner, for example.
Also, when people see you wearing them, the compliments will flow. In fact, we now "guarantee" compliments or your money back! (we really do btw!)
Thanks so much!
P.S. - We make each piece by hand in our own studio right here in San Diego, USA!
- David Leight, Founder and Creator of Leightworks
To get started, it's recommended to start with our best selling pieces. Choose your favorite style below.
(You'll be able to choose your colors on the next screen!)
Try LeightWorks jewelry. You’ll love it.